Callout Verbatim Chart
The callout verbatim chart from Zappi’s autocoding functionality enables you to find and share verbatims that bring the respondent voice to the forefront, for the tests you have run.
Learn how to navigate through the Callout Verbatim Chart with this interactive walkthrough.
- Click to drill down through the three-tiered topic hierarchy (Supertopic, Topic, Subtopic).
- See verbatims classified against each topic.
- Choose which verbatims to show.
- Search for verbatims with keywords or phrases.
- Display the percentage of verbatims that mention each topic.
- Display demographic information against verbatims.
- The chart can be built into stories and exported to Xls, PPT, and PDF.
- Configurable to include verbatim responses across one or more tests.
- (Non-English studies) Verbatim responses and classifications can be viewed in English and the fielded language.
- (Non-English studies) Xls export contains the original language and translated verbatim responses.
Autocoding’s “Percentage of mentions” metric
A verbatim response can contain more than one topic. Therefore, we calculate the proportion of topic allocations where a given subtopic is mentioned:
[Number of verbatims that contained topic X] / [Total number of topics extracted from all verbatim]
For example, 150 respondents answer a question around what they like about an ad, 200 topics are present within the verbatim responses, and 20 of the verbatims mention the ad demonstrated being better than other brands. In this case, the percentage of mentions of “better than other brand” will be 10% (20 verbatims / 200 present topics).