Admin management on-platform
Admins at Zappi have the ability to oversee, customize, and manage the experience of users in their organization. They also have control over certain subscription and payment elements. Many of these customizations are available to admins at any time with self-service features on-platform. This article summarizes the main ways admins can make adjustments and it links out to more detailed articles where available.
Note: You may only see some of these options in your account depending on your permission or subscription level. If you have questions, your Customer Success Manager will have more information.
The Admin tab in the top navigation bar gives you several menu options. Each allows you to monitor or customize different elements of the user experience:
- Workspaces: Allows you to section your platform into smaller, customizable spaces (i.e., one workspace for each brand you test). This menu is where you go to add, edit, or reorganize your workspaces.
- Products: Allows you to add and assign products to your organization. It's also where you go to assign specific products to specific workspaces. Click into any assigned product and see more customization options like language availability, configuration defaults, custom questions, custom tags, and more.
- Custom questions: Add flexibility to your survey by including additional questions to the standard Zappi questionnaire. The custom questions library gives you the ability to manage all your custom questions in one place, rather than product-by-product. You may change custom questions from public to private, remove questions from the library, and edit the searchable name of the question. You can also search for questions by user and see in which projects that question was used.
- Export templates: Export slides from the platform in a branded format for your business by uploading a template to the platform. To upload a template, navigate to the Export template library in the admin menu and click the button "Create new template." On the next screen, set which survey tools you would like the template to be used in and then upload your template file. If you need help getting started, there is an option there to download an example template to duplicate or edit. You can set the heading fonts and colors and include any branding or iconography. Note that all charts will export in single this template, so it should be simple enough to suit any visual.
- Hub resources: The Hub is a private knowledge base for your organization inside Zappi — a single home for your Zappi-related docs, playbooks, etc. It can store and organize links that help users get their job done faster.
- Tags: These are keywords or terms which are applied during research to describe a piece of content. This library allows you add, edit, and delete tags you would like users to apply in their configuration. You can also make them mandatory in certain situations so you can be sure they are consistently applied.
- Media collections: Media collections are sets of images you can save to the platform to save you time and maintain consistency during the configuration of a survey. It varies by tool what the collection should be comprised of (i.e., a collection of relevant competitor logos or product packaging, etc.). And if you are testing in multiple markets or categories, the collection you choose to save will likely vary for each as well. In the Media Collection library, an admin user can see all their media collections, edit them (the images included or in what category, country, or tool the collection is available for), duplicate them, delete them, or create new ones.
- Products: For all the products enabled for your organization, you can decide which are available in which workspace. For example, you may want Zappi Concept Test available in every workspace, but Zappi Creative Video is only relevant to users testing in a single workspace. Use the product library to see all your enabled products in one list, what workspace/s each are available in, and make changes quickly. Note, if you would like to enable a net new product or fully disable one (i.e., remove it for everyone), you still use the Admin dropdown > Products menu to add and drop products. For more on Product configuration, see this article.
- Projects: Allows you to search all the projects run within your organization, share them, or re-assign them to a different workspace. Use the advanced search option or column sorting to narrow down your query by status, date created, and more. Select more than one project and you can also make actions in bulk like sharing several projects at once.
- Users: Allows you to search, edit, deactivate, add, or import users to your organization. You can also see how each user was invited to join your organization, as well as click into all the projects each user has ordered. Export your user page view to CSV to sort and track activity in more detail offline.
- User Groups: Allows you to assign specific users to groups that share common work or access. You may have a user group of "Power Users," for example, or a group for a specific brand you work with. User groups can be a useful shortcut when sharing projects or configurations with other users. For more on shared resources in general, see this article.
- Look & Feel: Allows admins to change the brand image and default colors that make your Zappi domain look and feel like an extension of your brand.
- Credit: Allows you to see all your subscriptions, as well as the discounts applied to each of them, if any, their total amount, and current balance. This section also shows the open credit you have available. This article goes into depth on managing credit.
- Category requests: Allows you to log a request directly with the product team that a net new category be made available or a new market for an existing category be made available. Currently, these requests are limited to categories available in Prioritize It and Zappi Amplify TV.
- Audit logs: Simply allows you to monitor user actions like log-ins or order sharing.